With all the hassle involved when changing houses, tenants can easily forget move-out cleaning. Unfortunately, ignoring one final deep cleaning in your old house can cost you the security deposit of your rental property.
Keep in mind that all landlords expect a spotless apartment or house when you move out. That is why you should do your best to clean the property before you leave.
So, what should you clean when you move out? Well, there are a lot of things you should consider. Because of this, most tenants hire a professional house cleaning Gilbert company to help with their move-out cleaning task.
If you want to do it yourself, here is a checklist you can follow:
The Bedroom and Living Room
- Think about renting a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet.
- Clean the rugs.
- Vacuum both sides of the mattress
- Empty and dust the drawers, closets, dressers, and bookshelves. All cabinets need to be clean and empty.
- Get rid of everything from the drawers and cabinets. This includes medicine, cleaning supplies, and personal items. Next, clean the exterior and interior of the cabinets.
- Use a glass cleaner to clean mirrors.
- Clean the sink and wipe the faucet.
- Get rid of soap scum and scrub the grout from the shower.
- Disinfect the bathtub.
- Clean the toilet. This includes the base, outside, and inside.
- Use the self-cleaning function of the oven. Follow directions to prevent fire hazards.
- Get rid of the burner caps and grates from the stove-top and scrub food residues.
- Take out the plates and wash them. Wipe the inside of the dishwasher.
- Get rid of everything from the fridge. Wipe the drawers and all surfaces outside and inside the refrigerator.
- Disinfect and wipe the countertops.
- Empty the cupholders and wipe them.
- Pull off weeds and mow the grass. Give a quick touch-up to the backyard and front lawn.
- Get rid of cleaning supplies, junk, and tools from the garage and storage rooms.
- Spot clean all stained surfaces inside the house.
- Wipe door frames, doorknobs, and doors.
- Utilize a vacuum cleaner to get rid of cobwebs.
- Dust the ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Wash the curtains in your washing machine.
- Clean the windows thoroughly. This includes the glass, ledges, seals, and all spots of the frame.
- Clean the baseboards.
- Wipe stains and spots on the wall. It’s also ideal to apply a new coat of paint.
What Should You Include in a Move-Out Cleaning?
For those who don’t know, a move-out cleaning is the top-to-bottom and comprehensive cleaning a tenant does before they move out. It needs to include all routine cleaning tasks. However, it should also include the tedious and often ignore chores. This includes cleaning hard-to-reach areas and fixtures.
Keep in mind that move-out cleaning can be a very tiring job. Because of this, a lot of tenants choose to hire a house cleaning company to do the job for them. This will help them save a lot of time that they can use for other things, such as preparing for the move.